Selecting a stroller and a car seat can be quite the adventure with the crazy amount of choices there are out there. After much deliberation, we decided to go with the Baby Jogger City Mini GT Travel System sold at BuyBuy Baby. The full system fit our future needs much better than some of the other travel systems we were looking at such as one from UPPAbaby . I've laid out some of the main reasons why we went with this system over the others.
What we like about the Baby Jogger:
- Lightweight: You can pull a handle situated in the center of the stroller with one hand and it collapses easily. This will come in handy when I have Baby in one arm and use the other to fold it.
- Value: After comparing stroller and car seat combos vs buying them separately, it's much price effective to get the combo set.
- Quality: The build quality is quite good overall and meets and/or exceeds all US Safety standards. Plus a bunch of ClickSafe technologies to ensure the baby is safe. The car seat feels solid on the car mount as well as the stroller which is important for security.
- Outdoor: This may be one of the main reasons why we went with this Travel System. The all-terrain 3-wheeler makes it super easy to steer and when the baby grows up, it's the perfect stroller to go running with. It may be more my wife running with it, but I'll jump in from time to time. It also has a large 3-panel UV 50+ rated adjustable canopy.
- Travel: Certified for aircraft use.
What we don't like about the Baby Jogger:
- Luckily, there's not much to dislike about the product except for a few minor things that could improve. One is the warning labels on the carseat cushions, probably not the best place to put them as it feels a bit rough and placed right where the baby's head goes.
- The under carriage storage for the Stroller is a bit smaller compared to some of the ones we've seen but it's still enough to put your purse and other belongings under there.
All in all, the price and function of the Baby Jogger Travel System is excellent and we highly recommend this to our friends. The tipping point functions are probably the ease of opening and closing the stroller, the smooth ride, and the quality of the build. I'll be doing another follow-up post after we use it for a few months.